As our Content Writer/Brand Journalist, you will have at least five years of experience creating and writing technical stories that creatively and eloquently connect our brands with our customers across their journeys. We love team members that are super-enthusiastic about what they do, especially if that means you are entrepreneurial by nature. If this sounds like you, you’re going to fit in perfectly here.
• Write creative, compelling and strategically minded copy. Thinking creatively and strategically
in equal measure.
• Review and edit language and grammar on all International projects to reflect messaging and
• Collaborate with internal and external audiences as a brand journalist to uncover the stories
and insights that lead to meaningful messaging and concepts.
• Simplify complex information from multiple sources into a concise messaging direction to
produce clear, impactful stories our customers want .
• Edit all written projects for: naming, voice, messaging and content strategy, and content
• Build concepts from scratch with a logic and confidence to engage an audience, bringing the
abstract to life in a way that is most meaningful to buyer personas.
• Collaborate with team members to determine conceptual and copy direction for products,
online and offline branding, and integrated marketing communications.
• Write and edit across a variety of content. From brand voice and guidelines to print collateral,
video scripts, social media posts, and press releases, you are adept at adjusting tone and
verbiage to meet the needs of a variety of market audiences.
• Ability to build strong narratives with a particular emphasis on problem/pain point framing,
storytelling and concise messaging.
• Ability to extract compelling insights from subject matter experts by asking strategic questions
in order to shape compelling narratives and analogies that clearly illustrate industry trends and
• You possess an innate curiosity for understanding people, culture, and a passion for innovation
and design. You naturally work empathetically, putting yourself in someone else’s shoes, seeing
the world through our customer’s eyes and creating messaging they want to read.
• Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit who takes ownership of his or her work—and is
always happy to work collaboratively to put out exceptional content from concept to
completion in a detail-oriented, time-lined way.
• A minimum of five years working in content marketing, brand communications, journalism, or a
related field (in technology or cybersecurity industries a plus)
• Demonstrated experience writing technical content for B2B audiences across multiple media
• Adept at learning about new industries quickly and transforming technical subject matter into
concise, easy-to-understand content
• Experience managing and prioritizing multiple detail-orientated projects; demonstrates a sense
of urgency in responding to questions and requests
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• BA/BS in journalism preferred – or related fields
Interested candidates please email your cover letter, resume, and a portfolio of writing samples to Therese.Feeman@eccouncil.org
Please limit submissions to 5MB.
Applications without the submission of writing samples will not be considered.
No calls, please.
Relocation assistance will not be provided.